06 Aug Our Carpet Cleaning Process
The Citrus Fresh Carpet Cleaning System uses a citrus-based cleaning solution that is manufactured by us. Its outstanding formula eliminates those residual problems caused by steam and shampoo cleaning, so the carpets stay cleaner longer.
1. First, we pre-spray the entire carpet with a light mist of the Citrus Fresh – enough to make the carpet fibers slightly damp.
2. Then, we use an industrial buffer with a circular brush and a cloth pad under the machine to brush the carpet. The buffer is very heavy and the weight of the buffer presses the brush into the carpet fibers to remove any deeply embedded soil, dirt, and hair.
3. After the carpet is brushed, the Citrus Fresh actively works to brighten the carpet to its original color. The carpet is still slightly wet, but will dry quickly. Note: The carpet pad is not wet; only the carpet fibers that required the cleaning.
4. After a few minutes, we vacuum the carpet with a commercial vacuum cleaner. This vacuum cleaner is very powerful and ensures that all the loose dirt and hair is removed from the carpet.
The carpet is now clean and will dry very quickly. Most carpets are dry within two hours, and the room will retain its citrus fragrance for several days.
5. The Citrus Fresh will evaporate within a matter of hours. Note: The Citrus Fresh process does not leave a soapy residue in your carpet, unlike other carpet cleaning services which use water extraction to remove a portion of the soap solution used on your carpet.
They are never successful in removing 100% of the soap solution. Because this soap solution is not completely removed, dirt will immediately begin to adhere to the carpet fibers. Our Citrus Fresh cleaning solution is constantly repelling the dirt from the carpet fibers. With a weekly vacuuming program, your carpet will stay cleaner, longer.
We believe our citrus solvent cleaner is a healthier, more effective way to protect your carpet and furniture. It has the ability to maintain the appearance of carpet and furniture, and at the same time minimize allergens in the carpet. The Citrus Fresh, when combined with an antimicrobial, has provided relief from allergy symptoms for many of our clients. Mildew problems can be reduced, and reactions to dust mite residue can be lessened. You take your fine clothes to the dry cleaner to avoid damage caused by soap and water; we use Citrus Fresh for the same reason. The citrus is very effective against greases and soils, and fights yellowing and oxidation that can dull your carpet. It cleans and treats your carpet fiber without leaving a sticky soapy residue behind.
How does it clean?
Citrus Fresh is a dry cleaning fluid process with a twist of lemon, orange, and grapefruit. Our cleaner is powered by d-Limonene, a citrus solvent extracted from citrus peels.
What Is d-Limonene?
d-Limonene – A Cleaner from nature! – d-Limonene is a major component of Citrus Fresh – the oil extracted from lemon and orange rinds or solids. The rinds and pulp are sent to an evaporator and the d-Limonene is steamed out. It is widely known for its pleasant scent and degreasing properties. d-Limonene is currently being used in many applications such as chlorinated solvent replacements, hand cleaners and sewage treatments.
The Environmentally Safe Solvent
Since d-Limonene solvent is extracted from natural resources, e.g. orange and lemon rinds and peels, the solvent does not add any materials into the environment than what would naturally occur. Therefore, it does not contain any ozone-depleting chemicals. Using naturally derived solvents such as cleaning agents, is an excellent source in reduction. d-Limonene is biodegradable too, an important issue for water treatment plants.
How often should I clean?
We recommend cleaning carpet at least once a year. The EPA recommends every 6 months if you have pets or small children that spend time on the carpets.
Yes!!!! Consider your carpet only as clean as the last public restroom floor you walked on!! Also, ask a carpet installer how much dirt he cleans up after he has taken out the old carpet, and how much heavier the old carpet was. The additional weight is the soil that is migrating through the fiber and backing. Does carpet cleaning of ANY kind get out ALL the dirt? NO! But the Citrus Fresh process cleans the carpet fibers without forcing the soil beneath the backing and into the padding. The solvent stays within the nap of the carpet, and as it evaporates it leaves a healthy barrier between you and the soils, allergens and bacteria migrating through your carpet.